Parent Teacher Association
What we do
The PTA is a parent led volunteer organization. Our role is to support the needs of staff and students at Armatage Community School by focusing on three areas:
- Assisting teachers and staff through coordination of volunteers
- Assisting with school programs, events, services, and communications
- Raising funds to benefit and enhance a variety of programs and projects for our school
Click here to join the Armatage PTA - Official membership is not required for attending meetings or voting on budget and spending priorities.
2021-2022 PTA Board
- President: Lindsay Egan
- Vice President: Erin Shackett
- Secretary: Angie Ficek
- Treasurer: Heather Pankow & Jenny Makarov
- Volunteer Coordinator: Claire Hazzard
Please contact the board via email (ArmatagePTA@gmail.com) with questions, concerns, or ideas. We would love to have you involved!
PTA meetings take place virtually the 2nd Thursday of each month. See meeting notices, agendas and online links here. All Armatage Families and staff are welcome to attend the online meetings to hear about fundraising events, volunteer opportunities and hear directly from Principal Searl and school leaders about the Armatage community. After each meeting, the meeting minutes will be posted on the link below.
Join the PTA
- Who can join the PTA? Any parent or teacher of Armatage Community School may join the PTA. Official membership is not required for attending meetings or voting on budget and spending priorities.
- PTA Membership: PTA membership helps support the school and allows Armatage to be a member of the National PTA. Official membership is available through the MemberHub site. If you choose to be an official member there is a $6.25 per year fee. Dues help support operating costs for PTA events, and contribute to state and national PTA efforts to provide resources to schools. If this fee is a barrier for you, email ArmatagePTA@gmail.com.
- Can I attend PTA meetings if I am not a PTA member? All Armatage families are welcome to attend PTA meetings and events regardless of membership. However, only PTA members can vote on budget and spending priorities.